T H I R T Y E I G H T


Another year, another wonderful birthday season full of lots of friends, fashion and food. Some of my favourites. I say season because it really did go for weeks. On the actual day we had a lovely celebration at home with kids and cake, a must of course. I received some beautiful pink swarovski earrings and a Sass and Bide dress clearly mean't for me, giant puff sleeves, front on centre of the store, on sale, in my side, on my birthday - need I say more. 

That weekend Levi took me out to the Piallago Estate for dinner where I wore my new dress and enjoyed the beautiful building and delicious meal. We tried out some non alcoholic gin and mocktails and savoured the whole experience. It was a perfect night out. It didn't end there though. I had a lovely brunch with friends in Canberra. Lots of laughs, good food, polaroid pictures and just wonderful catching up at Patissez Cafe. Kate and I celebrated both of our birthdays with a night out in Canberra to top it off. We had an absolute blast at Karaoke and then went on to a few places to get some dancing in. It felt very funny to be back out in the scene and we had a fun and hilarious night.I finished off all the birthday celebrations with dinner with my local friends at the Flock. We had our own private room with a fire going. And chatted and laughed the night away. 

My cup was very full by the end. It has felt lovely to be surrounded by so much love and friendship and to take a moment to reflect, embrace and really enjoy the passing of another year. I don't mind getting older at all. If anything I feel more at ease with myself and my life than ever before. And that is something to celebrate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment