We've been waiting a good ol' while to participate in the local show. I thought we'd get the chance in Bungendore but weather, covid and cancellation meant that in the 5 years we were we never got the chance. Moving to the Hunter I was so excited for us to participate in the Maitland Show and we had such a great time preparing entries and attending over the weekend.
The kids put in pet rocks, art, colouring, egg cartons caterpillars and baking. I entered knitting and sewing and we all came away with lots of first places, ribbons and big smiles. Looking at the crafts, photography. art and baking are definitely some of the best parts of the show. We all loved the horticulture stand and will have a go entering some things next year. The animals were amazing and I fell in love with the Hamburg chickens and decided I must have two to add to the flock. I found some online the next day and now we have Spot and Dot - two gorgeous girls. They are so pretty.
We did two sessions at the show, the morning with the crafts and animals and some fun on the dodgem cars, then we came back for the night time session and the kids had their first go on some fast rides and we ate dinner and watched some of the car racing. Finley and I tried out the ghost cart which was short but scary!
It's been such a fun event to be apart of and we are keen to come back next year and maybe have the kids enter some of the horse classes and see what competitions we can take out.

No comments:
Post a Comment