These pictures have been a few years in the making and thanks to my wonderful and flexible friend Nicole, this winter we were able to capture the pictures I was after. They certainly make living in a cold climate look lovely and glamorous! And it is true that there are moments in winter when you are on your way out on a date for the night, dressed up and rugged up and the lights glisten as the snow falls softly that it really does feel like a winter wonderland. The snow can be amazing fun too, making snowmen with the kids, sledding down our driveway or snow shoeing. The other side to snow though is the freezing, sloppy snow that makes you cold to your bones, the frozen snow you are trying to clear off your driveway or the winters that are just grey for days and hardly any snow falls. I'm glad though that we were able to capture with these pictures the magic of snow and how lucky we have been to experience a different type of life these past three years.
One of the landmarks in Halifax are the Public Garden gates. They are beautiful and tall wrought iron gates that lead to a picturesque park set in the middle of downtown Halifax. It's a great meeting place and I have loved meeting up with Levi here after work, where he strides towards us looking very handsome in his suit. I've taken some great walks in this park, met with friends, listened to reading time with Primrose, taken visitors here and enjoyed the beautiful spring flowers.
I knew that just after a snowfall those gates are perfectly outlined in snow and would make a lovely backdrop and happy memory of winter in Halifax for us. We were so lucky to have light snow falling and Nicole to take these for us. I can imagine us, years from now, sitting in the heat of an Australian summer reminiscing about those long winters far, far away and what an experience we had living in Canada.





No comments:
Post a Comment