Easter and Every Good Thing


We had a lovely and low key Easter weekend. I stand by it as my favourite holiday. It's got the meaning and tradition like Christmas but more low key. I never feel any stress or pressure, I just do the bits I want that year and enjoy it. Levi would say that I need to just take that approach for Christmas and he is probably right. Probably less cooking would be a start ...

Our Stake had extended an invitation to all members to attend the temple on Friday and with an offer from our friends the Huish's to babysit we were able to attend and do a sealing session together. The temple was absolutely full and it was a lovely morning remembering the covenants Levi and I have made to one another. I also got to participate in the sealing of a family with eight children which was a very cool experience. We returned home and Levi set to work with our friend Josh working on paddle boards they are making while I made carrot cake and did some craft with the kids.

On Saturday we went to the Seaport Markets, one of my favourite Halifax places to visit, in search of some lamb for Easter. We got some though it turned out to be a bit average, the bakery treats made it a worthwhile visit and it was nice to be there out of peak season when it is incredibly busy. When we got home Levi did some egg dying with the kids. He had promised them at some point in the year (not at Easter!) and they had been pestering him ever since. They did a beautiful job, dreams fulfilled. Levi and Josh went to work again that afternoon and I shopped for fabric for my much thought of Canada quilt that I hope will turn out as lovely as I imagine.

Sunday morning was Peter Rabbit's gig. He left a special note for Finley, who came bounding into our room with excitement. We did our traditional egg hunt of a little chocolate but mostly grapes, blueberries and popcorn filling the plastic eggs. The kids love that and eat the fruit as they go. I wonder how many years I'll get away with that? Levi and I always do a little hunt for each other - all chocolate of course, total hypocrites!  Easter fell on conference weekend this year. Levi attended the Priesthood session at the chapel and came home to report some big changes with a merge of the Elders Quorum and High Priests. We did attempt to watch some conference with the kids Saturday and Sunday but only got snippets so we will be catching up over the coming weeks. We did catch a hilarious Joseph Smith quote used that referenced Nova Scotia, and it's darkest pits! We had to do a double take it seemed so strange to us, but a bit of research confirmed that he did in fact refer to Nova Scotia and overcoming trials. I felt like he must have been speaking to me struggling to endure the winter! Either way I'll never forget it and his words carried a clear message - Keep up the good courage! I am so grateful for the beautiful gospel of Jesus Christ and the blessing I receive through faith in him.



No comments:

Post a Comment