Capturing the Cattons

An opportunity came up to have a family photoshoot with a photographer I really admire, Sarah Black . She shoots with film and I really love her candid style and the raw quality of her pictures, they remind me of pictures my mum use to take when I was little. I know that the days are long but the years are short with little kids and I really want to capture my children  in their childhood and our family at this chaotic but beautiful time in our lives. 

We had the shoot on the Niven property, where we horseride each week. It's a really peaceful place for me and so beautiful in that golden hour at dusk, with the mountain as a backdrop and the grass long and yellow. We were very lucky with the weather, it had been very cold but that afternoon it was mild and the long grass kept in the heat. It was a kind of quiet and reflective time, the kids played and ran among the grass and Levi and I had some time to really sit and stop. 

There are little gems in these photo's I will cherish forever. Lily's little chubby face, Quills cheeky grin, Primrose's sweet way and Finley finding the fun. I love the pictures of us as a family and I'm so glad we took the time to capture this moment. 




No comments:

Post a Comment