After two years the Bungendore Playground is complete! Many moons ago, there was a call out from the council for volunteers to form a committee that would work to bring a new playground to Bungendore. I joined up with other mum's in the area and we set off on the long and sometimes fraught process of bringing this incredible asset to the community. All the time and work has culminated in the ultimate outcome, an incredible new park for our town.
It was really greats to be a part of working towards something so positive. I learn't so much about local council, process and grants, how the wheels all turn to bring things about. Our group was formed of really great people and we were able to bring our strengths to the table. I feel so proud of what we all accomplished together.
The opening was a day I will never forget. The playground was absolutely packed with children and buzzing with energy. It was so beautiful just to watch it all and know that not only my children but a community with many more children to come will be able to enjoy, learn and grow from what we have created.

No comments:
Post a Comment