Seventeen years together. Levi and I have lived so many different iterations of life in that time, and grown and changed as people that in many ways it feels like we're just getting our bearings for the rest of forever. I feel very lucky to have Levi by my side as we do life together. We both feel like we are at the absolute limits of our capacity right now, four young children, a property and animals to care for and manage and very busy work lives, especially for Levi. But through it all we really are as we have always been - each others favourite people, building a life together that we love and still loving each other all along the way.
Some anniversaries come and go more quietly but this year we both needed something special to look forward to and an opportunity to connect. We booked a private dining experience at one of the Hunter Valley wineries - Kirkton, who arranged what can only be described as a true bachelor style experience. We had a gorgeous table, decorated top to bottom with flowers, looking out to the rose garden. We dressed up in our fanciest clothes and took the chance to take some beautiful pictures in their courtyard. The food was stunning and the whole experience felt like a fairy tale.
We were both on point with gifts this year too. Levi bought me a comprehensive water colour art kit to practise skills learnt this year in a few water colour classes I took. I bought him his first rose bush, a David Austen rose named The Ancient Mariner and a book containing the poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner it is named after. We were both very moved and happy with our gifts.
I'm always so glad that we take the time to do special things together. We had a truly memorable and special night, it was lovely in every way. Best of all though is that I look forward to each year we have together, the dreams we work hard to make come true, the adventures we plan and the every day life that we lead. To seventeen years and many more!

No comments:
Post a Comment