Oh Easter, how I love you. You're the best holiday. We are used to Easter being in Spring now (sort of), well at least being able to get tulips for the table. I was a little stumped when there wasn't any at the store and then I had a 'where am I moment?' and settled for roses instead. What was cool was that despite it being fall I was able to make a little posy from my garden and we were able to have the Easter hunt outside which was just perfect.
We had the Ryan's with us for the Easter long weekend, which made for great cousin fun with a big hunt in the garden. The popcorn, grapes and a little chocolate weren't met with disappointment so my plan lives on for another year. Eggs were divided up at the end and everyone walked away happy. The babies loved the colours and fun too. We all quickly got ready for church to think about the reason for the season. The night before the kids got into bed with us and we watched some short videos the church had put out for Easter and talked about the miracle it is that Jesus rose from the dead and broke the bands of death. I'm so grateful to have a surety of what comes after this life. That death holds no sting. What a blessing that knowledge is. I really want my kids to know that, to really know that. With that knowledge leading the way, they put on their new Easter jammies, and had their basket, ears and bunnies ready for all the gifts of new life in the morning.
I love making an Easter feast for the evening. This year we had lamb with garlic and rosemary, a must, two delicious salads and cake to follow. This year I decided to try out a hummingbird cake. It turned out beautifully and is a nice addition to my cake repertoire
Easter is short and sweet but full of all the best things. Family, flowers, food and fun, a true celebration of the gift of eternal life.

















No comments:
Post a Comment