Life carried on, as it tends to do, but the whole year held an undercurrent. I could keep going as normal on the surface but it was always there, the determination, the firm mindset to make it happen, the work. The goal was ever present - make the property ours. Life was full and busy. The Milford Track was an incredible way to start the year and a great break away. It was so beautiful and purposeful and excellent time with my siblings and with Levi. Levi is always my greatest friend and companion on these adventures. But the minute we were back, it was back to work finishing our house to sell.
I had some great adventures. I went on a beautiful long weekend trip with mum and Courtney to Melbourne to celebrate their birthdays. Courtney and I had lots of time together. We met up in Bowral, she came to Bungendore and we saw the early morning hot air balloons take flight. We farewelled her with a lunch at the Grounds for her new life in Brisbane and later in the year she flew down and stayed with us. I also farewelled my dear Kate, who headed back to the states with her family. We had a final adventure together, which turned out to be more than I bargained for. We planned an early morning hot air balloon ride, something I have wanted to do for years. On the way I hit a giant kangaroo that took out a quarter of my bonnet. Not to be dissuaded, I called a cab, left the car to deal with later and made it on time. The adrenaline was high and miraculously I was able to put it aside and truly enjoy this moment with Kate. I miss her so much already. I had some lovely times connecting with old Canberra friends, especially Meredith who made two visits to Australia and we were able to really take the time to reconnect. I had a great weekend trip to Sydney with Sig and Sarah, for Sig's graduation.
A huge highlight of the year for us all was getting our three, much awaited, beautiful bunnies, Harriet, Flopsey and Mellow who have bought so much joy into our life! We got them in time for Easter and they made my already favourite holiday even more perfect. We adore them.
A huge and crazy idea meant that I found myself in Canada for two weeks right before we moved. My heart had been longing to go and Levi found away using credit card points. The timing was ridiculous but could not be avoided, the trip would leave me with only a week to pack up the house but I cast that aside for future Jade to deal with and went on the trip. It filled my heart to the brim and I am so glad I did it. I connected with people I love, saw, ate, experienced all the sights and sounds I had longed for and I was able to get some closure on the sadness of having left. It was the most wonderful trip.
Moving was big and busy, exciting and stressful. It felt surreal that almost a year of wishing, hoping and hard work actually go us there.
Finley always has lots on the go. He had the hardest time with our move but I'm so proud of him weathering the transition and embracing his new life. More on Finley here.
Primrose was baptised this year and I made her dress from Aunty Hanna's wedding train fabric. It was a beautiful and special celebration. I took Primrose to Sydney with our friends Catherine and Eden to see Beauty and the Beast and stay a night in the city. It was a magical weekend. More on Primrose here.
We celebrated Quill's 5th birthday at the park the weekend before we left Bungendore and it was quite the send off. The other kids invited their friends and it was an all round wonderful send off. Quill had an amazing last year before school. He is so ready! More on Quill here.
Lily is growing and changing every day. She is a true water baby and loved learning to swim this year. She's a real girly girl and is forever changing outfits and jewellery. More on Lily here.
I'd say the motto by the end of the year was 'we can do hard things'. And no doubt there is more hard things in our future but we are building the life we have dreamed of. There is so much scope, a blank canvas to build dreams into reality, a life with space to play, to breathe, to dream.






No comments:
Post a Comment