Merry Surprises { Christmas 2019 }


We had such a wonderful Christmas season this year and a perfect day to wrap it all up. It was all pretty simple, we did some of our favourite things, like make gingerbread and deliver treats to neighbours and tried to keep our focus on the joy of the season and family. A true highlight was getting to use the beautiful advent calendar I purchased from America, using it to follow the Christmas story each day and having a fun Christmas activity to look forward to. 


There was lots of great end of school activities that got us all excited for Christmas and the holidays. We put up the tree together and it was great having helpers this year! It looked beautiful with lots of mementos of Christmas's past to reminisce on while we decorated. We went to Finley's end of year assembly, where he presented as part of the SRC, performed with his grade and received a certificate and book. Primrose had Santa attend her end of year party at preschool and got a bag of goodies from him. The kids and I had lots of fun attending the Bungendore Gingerbread House making activity which was so well organised and fun and Levi's work Christmas party which we put on at a park in Canberra. Our advent calendar gave us lots of fun activities to do, Levi helped the kids make beautiful paper snow flakes, the kids wrote Christmas cards to their friends and we read lots of Christmas books. It all made for a wonderful lead up to the big day. 

Levi and I always end up up late working away to make the day just right. And it makes it all worth it in the morning with three little faces full of excitement and anticipation. This year we also had mum and dad with us, as well as Courtney who drove down early in the morning. This year presents were pretty incredible. Finley's dreams came true with Bakugan's, books, a lamp and a brand new bike. Primrose loved her Elsa doll, unicorn, glass slippers and also a brand new bike. They got all sorts of little lovely things too, like spray water bottles and some needle work projects. Levi got a new sports watch, a book of nautical art, and some new sandals. I was shocked and amazed that Levi bought me the ring of my dreams and the most beautiful pink Le Cruset cookware. I'm still just in love with it all, I can't stop looking at my ring, I feel like I've just gotten engaged again. My and dad bought me a lovely bath robe and bath salts and Courtney gave me some lovely earrings and a pack from Lush. 
The big excitement of the morning though was having the kids open a gift letting them know we are having another baby. Courtney also found out with them and their reactions were awesome. We also told Tate and Hanna over face time. It was so fun to watch how excited everyone is for our new addition and it was a true highlight of the day. Next year their will be four little faces waking up to the wonder of Christmas. 

Next to presents it's food that reins supreme of Christmas day and this year we had sooo much of it. We all contributed and we literally had enough to feed an army. There was lamb and ham, salads, fruits, amazing drinks by Courtney, desserts for days including an incredible pavlova by Rosie. We ate and ate, relaxed and enjoyed a wonderful day together as family. 

I love Christmas. I love the spirit of Christ that is felt, the joy and being with family and the excitement it brings to our life and home. This year was one to remember. How blessed we are! 



No comments:

Post a Comment